Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hello World & Texas Blogs

I'm over here. Can you see me swinging under the pecan tree? The sycamore's still shading the side yard. The magnolias are gone but the crepe myrtle still blooms - mostly pink in late July.

I'm Joy Lee Hood from Jefferson originally. It's a delightful day although a bit warm. That's why I'm swinging. The picnic is spread on the grass on a gingham table cloth just for you. Will said you might drop by. The kids have run off to the branch with Bo's kids, probably after craydads, so we wont be disturbed. I'm just enjoying the breeze waiting on Johnny to get home.

Apparently, Will, he's my youngest child, Will, has gone and kicked up some dust about Texas blogging. He's compiled a bibliography of "Texas Historical and Literary Blogs," and passed it around by email. (If you want a copy let me know; it's free.) He asked me to answer what questions you may have to get started in blogging. He uses Blogger, so that's what he usually can be trusted to answer about. But don't get the idea he's some kind of expert computer guy as they say.

If you have a question, just COMMENT and I'll be sure he gets the message. Remember reading a blog can be a bit odd, they're usually read upside down, first postings are on the bottom.

If you don't know Will's blogs, the flagship is the Texas Parlor at
http://texasparlor.blogspot.com/
It's, well, a broad ranging, casual bibliograhy of Texas. The Hoods are Irish you know (Johnny folks are mostly English), and we can talk and talk. So Will's found a way to give "good social cover" to his talking, it's called bibliography. He likes it, but it seems just a lot of story-telling to me, and that's fine. I guess that what we get for sending him off to college, all the fancy talk about one story or another.

Anyway, if you've got questions about starting a blog about Texas, tell me and we'll talk.

Joyfully yours.

No comments: