Thursday, July 31, 2008

Naming your blog - twice

The next screen you'll see in creating a Blogger blog asks for two pieces of information for NAMING
 
1.  the title of your blog - Use whatever you like long or short - But remember that later on in the process you'll be able to add a sub-title of more elaboration.  Also remember that should you really want to you can completely change the title, e.g., change "Kitchen Gingham" to "Wild Geese of Greenland," if you like.  So don't sweat blood over the name.
 
2.  the keyword or phrase used in establishing your blog's url address, as in http://kitchengingham.blogspot.com Bear in mind however that you'll be asked to click a buttom to determine if that keyword is already in used by somebody else's url.  If it is, they'll tell you, and you'll be wondering "How can I change mine but still keep it simple and communicating a gist of my topic?"  Again, don't sweat it too hard; later on you can change it (the available selection you eventually made at the moment) if you really want to.  But a little thought beforehand can make your process of establishing your blog way easier and less anxious.  I, in a test, actually changed the Kitchen's url from http://randwcloth to http://kitchengingham
 
It could seem strange to change both the title and the url but your account is based on your sign in email address and password, not the blog title and its url.  My goodness, the wonder of computers.
Eventually, you'll expect that consistency across time may be more useful than exactness of exquisite expression.
I strongly recommend you WRITE DOWN the url because tomorrow you may not remember.  I know you think you will, but one day I didn't.  I got caught up in the euforia of successful mudpie making and forget where the mud was.  Now that was strange.  When finally I did remember it, I immediately made it a "Favorite" selection.  Whewww!
 
After you've named it twice, you get to select what it looks like - the template.
 

No comments: